Barnet Council invited The Barnet Bugle to sit down with their Leader, Cllr Richard Cornelius to discuss his vision for the next period 2015-2020 encapsulated in their recently published Corporate Plan.
We have wanted for sometime for our viewers and readers to hear answers from Richard Cornelius himself some of the more often levelled charges.
- How is Barnet doing things different now than in the past?
- Providing better services despite having much lower funding from government whilst holding down Council Tax?
- Is Barnet going to outsource everything that moves?
- How will the Council deal with complaints from residents that outsourced companies are unable to resolve?
- How can Councillors get to grip with a service that is no longer under their direct control but they feel it not performing?Does he think the Library consultation was a disaster in being condemned by the three local MPs?
- Are the Conservatives going to close Libraries almost for the sake of it?Are Councillors in control of the Council or are Officers running rings around them?
- What is his view on 'affordable' housing?